Thursday, June 6, 2013

I'm Back, B@#$%S!

Well, sort of.

The last month or so really took its toll on me. It was the hardest semester I've had in college (I'm in all upper-division courses right now) and I had a huge family crisis come up.

About a month ago, my grandma tested positive for melanoma. I've seen my grandparents every week since I was a baby and the news hit me really hard. I tried to be a rock for both her and my mother, but I was having a hard time keeping it together myself. To make matters worse, I took my stress out on TJ and we were fighting on a daily basis. He and I both knew why I was acting like a crazy-woman, but I still couldn't help myself. Luckily, my prince charming is very patient and understanding.

Anyway, my grandma had her outpatient surgery during finals week and I couldn't concentrate on anything from the moment I found out. Therefore, I finally got my first "C" this semester so I'm trying to cope with that as well. It's obviously not failing, but 4 years of A's and B's feels like such a waste now.
At any rate, I got the good news earlier this week that my grandma is now cancer free! Sheesh. Who knew it was possible to hold your breath for so long? I literally feel like I can breath again.

Unfortunately, I spent so long neglecting my blog in favor of much more important matters that I felt as though I couldn't just pop up again out of nowhere. Especially since I'm leaving for a weekend girl's cruise tomorrow morning.
Then I thought: who cares? I'll blog when I can about what I want because, realistically, I made this blog for me.

Me, myself and I.

Not him, her or their sister. In fact, my friends don't even know this blog exists and I refuse to share it with my boyfriend. (Mostly because a blog is not an essay, and I don't want them to criticize my writing/ grammar)

So... I'm back, just not yet.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment