Monday, April 8, 2013

A Nice, Long Walk

As southern California is finally  providing its deprived citizens with sunshine and warm weather, the only place for us to be is outside. No ifs, ands, or butts about it.

So that is exactly what TJ and I decided to do. As soon as I got off of work I raced home, changed into comfortable clothing, and ran out of the house as if it was on fire.

And so we began our walk through Mission Viejo.



I love to hike. In fact, Yosemite is one of my favorite vacation spots. (Which speaks volumes given how prissy I can be) However, I must admit that at certain times, the walk from my place to TJ's was terrifying. Especially walking over the bridge that connects Ladera Ranch to Mission Viejo. Let me explain:


On one hand, one side of the road provides you with a beautiful view from the top of the bridge... with a loooong way to fall down should you fall over. Obviously the likelihood of falling over the side is, well... not likely at all, but my fear of heights makes all dangerous outcomes seem like a possibility.

On the other hand, there is a busy road on the exact opposite side with cars racing by at at least 55 miles per hour.

In my head that adds up to either death by breaking my neck or getting hit by a car...





And yet, the view was absolutely stunning and completely worth letting my inner scaredy cat show.

No comments:

Post a Comment