Thursday, April 18, 2013

Throwback Thursday, Part 5

I'm pretty much convinced that I need a vacation.
My summer will be amazing, given all the trips I have planned...
But somehow it will feel incomplete without a family trip to Yosemite. 
Every 2 years my aunt Linda and her family fly out to California to spend a couple of weeks with us and we inevitably end up spending a few days "roughing it" in Yosemite. 
And by roughing it I mean sleeping in tent cabin instead of 5 star hotel. (Like we normally do)


We've gone many times, but our trip in 2010 is by far my favorite.


My cousins were much older this time, which brought everyone closer together somehow. There was a lot less stress from the adults and a lot more freedom for us kids. 
We were able to walk around and explore on our own, but we didn't want to. Instead, we went river rafting as a family.











The rest of our days there were spent hiking and enjoying the warm weather.




Yosemite is the honestly one of the most amazing places I have ever been to. The air feels cleaner, the people seem happier, and the food tastes fresher.
If I could call out of work, ditch all my classes, and convince TJ to follow suit, I would be Yosemite bound in a heartbeat.
Correction: Less than a heartbeat.



And I'm sure my family would agree.


No comments:

Post a Comment