Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Fuoco Pizzeria Napoletana

Pizza is a pretty difficult food to mess up. In fact, even when it's not great it's still good.
It's a great comfort food, but I only order it when I'm too lazy to find something better to eat and I never order it when I'm at a restaurant.
Until now.
I've finally been introduced to a pizza that I constantly crave.

A few months ago, TJ's cousin Tulio opened Fuoco Pizzeria in downtown Fullerton and invited us to the family only grand opening. Naturally we said yes and before I knew it, the day arrived.
TJ, his sister and I headed to Fullerton to show our support for Tuilo's restaurant and eat free pizza. I wasn't expecting to fall in love, but I did.




The pizza is cooked in an authentic Italian oven that burns at roughly 900 degrees which bakes the pizza anywhere from 60 to 90 seconds.


I even fell in love with the interior decor. To me, a restaurant's ambiance could make or break how I feel about coming back. Fuoco's decor is definitely a huge reason TJ and I keep going back for more.
I've never been to New York City, but I would imagine it was decorated to mirror that particular style.




And at night the restaurant really comes alive. 


On Monday, TJ and I found ourselves making our way to Fullerton for some of Fuoco's delicious food.

We started with the Insalata Della Casa salad, which is absolutely delicious. 


Unfortunately, I was so excited when the main course arrived that I completely forgot to take pictures. TJ ordered the Di Tullio pizza while I enjoyed the Classico Calzone.

As we scraped up the last bit of food off our plates, TJ decided that an Italian meal wasn't complete without a shot of expresso. At this point, his aunt came in to help out in the restaurant and was ecstatic to see us. She was more than happy to bring us some expresso... 


And the cutest desert I have ever seen. She surprised us with heart-shaped, chocolate-coated gelato that is apparently not even on the menu.


Even though I was stuffed from eating my entire calzone, I managed to help TJ finish the desert without any problems. Overall, I was very happy we decided on Fuoco for dinner that night. 
Their pizza is literally the best. If you don't believe me, check out their menu. It alone will put your salivary glands into overdrive. 


No comments:

Post a Comment